Brix is a measurement system for sugar content of fruits, wine and related products. This measurement is used by inspectors, food industries, vineyards, and growers. For example, a reading of 20 to 25 deg. Brix is generally the optimum degree of grape ripeness at harvest for the majority of table wines. Knowing the proper brix (sugar) concentration is a step in ensuring good quality as well as controlling the correct percentage concentration for cost control.
This compact refractometer offers Brix measurement from 0 to 53.0% with ± 0.2% accuracy. The small sensor area allows measurement of minute samples. Automatic temperature compensation and a large digital display assure you get exact readings every time. Measurements display within seconds. Maintenance is easy - calibrate in seconds, rinse/wipe sample area with water. Operates on two
- Small sensor area allows measurement of minute samples
- Measures Brix from 0 to 53.0% (Accuracy ± 0.2%)
- Automatic temperature compensation
- Large digital display of Brix and temperature
- Operates on two AAA batteries